Government College Madappally has been serving the rural and educationally backward Vatakara and surrounding areas in Kozhikode district of Kerala since 1958. The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut. From a humble beginning with two divisions of pre-University classes and 160 students in June 1958 the college has grown to an important centre of higher education with 10 undergraduate and 7 postgraduate programmes and 3 Research Centres recognized by the University of Calicut. It has a student strength close to 1400. The college is housed in three building complexes having a plinth area of about 11000 sq.mts situated in a sprawling, verdant and salubrious campus of 27.19 acres. It has the largest campus botanical garden in Kerala with about 160 plant species. The campus is on a small hillock in Onchiyam Panchayath near N.H. 17 and facing Arabian Sea between Vatakara in the South and Mahe in the North. The college is a participating college of Kozhikode cluster of colleges, the only cluster of colleges in North Kerala.
A better tomorrow for the youth irrespective of caste, creed or class and thereby for our state and nation.
To inculcate in the students the finest practices of scholarship and citizenship.